Meters / Ownership / Liability
- Constate is responsible for providing lines/water TO the meter(s).
- Customers are not authorized to alter Constate lines or meters.
- Liability for meter alterations not made by Constate shall lie with the customer/owner(s).
- Injury to Constate lines/meters caused by abuse, tampering, etc. will be charged to the responsible party and could result in Termination of Service and/or Removal of equipment.
- Owners are responsible for lines/water FROM the meter.
- House "valves" BELONG to the homeowner (& are usually located near the garage).
- Meters are manually read once a month by Constate for billing purposes.
- Any water passing through a meter is billed to that meter/Acct monthly.
- Failure to provide reasonable access to meter(s) may result in:
- Inflated charges,
- Termination of service, OR
- other appropriate remedy
Leaks / Responsibility / Who to Call
- An unexplained spike in your water bill indicates the existence of a LEAK.
- Leaks may be underground or difficult to identify; even small ones can impact your usage.
- Thousands of gallons can be lost each month from a small but continuous leak !
- Report SYSTEM leaks & Issues to Constate by calling 352.628.2255 during business hours, OR
- For AFTER HOURS Emergencies, contact Well Operator, Jeff Schrade, at 352.634.0726.
- Constate is not responsible for leaks on the "owner's side of the meter."
- The property owner should contact a plumber to locate & repair, as needed.
- Consider checking your meter daily to monitor usage if a leak is suspected, but not apparent.